BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Applied Psychology
This course is designed for people who want to continue their education through applied learning and will give you a wide understanding of knowledge and skills in Psychology. This qualification will equip you to progress onto a range of higher education courses or employment, possibly in the applied psychology sector.
This course consists of three mandatory units and one optional unit.
The mandatory units are:
• applications of psychological approaches
• conducting psychological research
• health psychology.
These units allow you to concentrate on the development of your knowledge and understanding of Psychology as well as the application of skills that are important in this area.
The optional unit will be chosen by the Psychology department but will be from the following:
• criminal and forensic psychology
• principles of children’s psychological development
• psychopathology and treatment
• applied sport psychology.
Two of these units are assessed as external exams, the other two internally.